Tuesday 28 April 2009

Priceless Language Moments 2

The woman who drives me to school in the mornings now likes to prepare a few specific things to say in English about current events, which is really awesome. Today, this is what she had to say:

"10 men die handshake Obama," and tried again after looking at her notebook:

"10 men die shaking hands with Obama"

Now, my first thought was that my president has the handshake of doom. This IS big news. After a little while I figured out that she was trying to talk about the Swine influenza, and how she read that Obama went to Mexico and was shaking hands with people that were sick and later died.

2 comments:

  1. Memo to self. If invited to White House don't shake president's hand. Just to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...That would make trade negotiations go by SO MUCH FASTER

    Obama: Oh, well I respect your opinion and believe that even though I disagree with your future actions that we can come to some sort of agreement and understanding one day.
    *Offers hand for a good ol' handshake*

    XD

    ReplyDelete