Wednesday 2 September 2009

My New Toy


Korea really has awesome electronics. It's called a Samsung "Pebble."


My iPod finally gave out after a good long run, so I needed to find a replacement MP3 player. I was drawn in to the Pebble among a sea of rectangular MP3 players at one of our electronics stores, as a lifelong collector of stones and oddities. Although they come in a variety of shiny colors, most of which are chrome-like, I chose the one that looked like polished marble.
At 2GB, it only cost me 63,000 won- about $50. It charges completely through a small USB attachment that hooks into the headphone jack, so there's no cords to worry about. They told me the charge lasts about 13 hours. Perhaps the best thing about it is that it's not synced to any program, like itunes. It's simply a drag and drop folder, and its ready to go. It's very simple, but very unique. And if this one ever stops working down the road, it would make a great skipping stone.

3 comments:

  1. Haha... it's even cuter in person. I wish I had purchased one, and I don't think they sell them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't accidentally mistake it for a skipping stone. With the river so close, it might be tempting. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't have to use it for a skipping stone...

    ReplyDelete